You remember the Great Society and a thousand points of light. You ask not what your country can do for you.
But can you match each president with two of his lesser-known witticisms?
- "Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our society."
- "I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators."
- "You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jelly beans."
- "One lesson you'd better learn if you want to be in politics is that you never go out on the golf course and beat the president."
- "I'm the Preident of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli."
- "The ultimate test of leadership is not the polls you take, but the risks you take."
- "Even Albert Einstein reportedly needed help on his 1040 form."
- "My esteem in the country has gone up ... it's very nice now that when people wave at me, they use all their fingers."
- "Finishing second in the Olympics gets you silver. Finishing second in politics gets you oblivion."
- "The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble, they start acting like cannibals."
- "America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense, it's the other way around. Human rights invented America."
- "My doctor ordered me to shut up, which will make every American happy."
- "Words wound. But as a veteran of 12 years in the United States Senate, I happily attest they do not kill."
- "Politics is like football. If you see daylight, go through the hole."
- "The fact that my 15 minutes of fame has extended a little longer than 15 minutes is somewhat surprising to me and completely baffling to my wife."
- "These stories about my intellectual capacity do get under my skin a little bit."
- "It wasn't my finest hour. It wasn't even my finest hour and a half."
- "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
- "What's wrong with being a boring kind of guy?"
- "What Washington needs is adult supervision."
A. John F. Kennedy
B. Lyndon B. Johnson
C. Richard M. Nixon
D. Gerald Ford
E. Jimmy Carter
F. Ronald Reagan
G. George H. W. Bush
H. Bill Clinton
I. George W. Bush
J. Barack Obama